This is an expert guide when it comes to playing progressive jackpot slots, a pastime that has been incredibly popular over the past few years thanks to the explosion of online casino. We know that playing video slots can be highly exciting and we’re always pumped about the latest releases which allow us to have a brand new slots experience as part of the package. However, there’s nothing quite like playing for a huge progressive jackpot at your favourite casino to provide a bit of wow factor.
It’s not an exaggeration to say that progressive jackpot slots are won on a regular basis. While it’s always an outside chance that you will strike it rich and land a huge bounty, the bottom line is that a certain customer is going to trigger the jackpot and we’re not talking about someone betting for large amounts every time. Nevertheless, regular casino slot play will naturally set you up with an increased chance of scooping a magnificent progressive jackpot.
The difference between a regular video slot and an online progressive jackpot slot is that while both offer you the chance to win modest returns on your game of choice, only the latter has a bigger pot which is constantly topped up by players from all around the globe. The slot game might be on a network across several casino operators although some jackpots are exclusive to one slot site.
Naturally, a large pool of players frequently chipping in means that the totals can go through the roof. The jackpot is triggered randomly at any time, usually when players have won a payline, which then launches them into the bonus game that will decide if they’re worthy of the collective winnings.
Serial jackpot slot fanatics and first-time players alike can tackle these intriguing slot games at some of Ireland's top progressive jackpot casino sites. Want to enjoy progressive slots with the chance to win a life-changing jackpot? Check out this complete guide to the best online progressive jackpot slots and where you can find them all across the United Kingdom and beyond!
How We Review the Best Progressive Jackpot Slots
There are hundreds of jackpot slots out there in Ireland right now. The jackpots don’t sleep and, as soon as the latest prize has been won, the new jackpot amount starts to build up immediately which always allows customers to play for a life-changing amount of cash. But how do you decide the best progressive jackpot slot when there’s so much choice available?
Here at SlotSource.ie, we have a team of Irish casino experts who are able to point you in the right direction when it comes to finding the right jackpot slot game. Our experts are avid online casino players themselves and that means they are able to create a shortlist of progressive jackpot games based on their own experience.
Essentially, we judge an Irish progressive jackpot slot on different pieces of criteria. We naturally need the slot game to be available with a respected operator, while customers should also know what is required in order to be in with a chance of winning. Naturally, when you play slots which are attached to a progressive jackpot, you also need to know how you can win more regular sums of cash along the way.
As you can see from our Real Money Slots page, we have an extensive list of casino operators and they all have jackpot slots available. We need to provide readers with the information when it comes to the maximum and minimum win they might expect if they landed the jackpot along with the frequency of when the big prize is landed. This can differ from a daily jackpot to one that rolls up over several weeks before someone lands the cash.
How Progressive Jackpots Work
There are different types of Progressive Jackpots and it’s important to know the difference so you can make the right decisions in terms of the progressive jackpot slot which is going to appeal most to you. It’s firstly worth pointing out that many Progressive Jackpots are related to an online slot game that is available across multiple Irish casino operator websites. That means you’re not only competing with customers from one particular casino for the prize.
It’s pretty common to be playing for a network jackpot such as Mega Moolah where a number of online casinos have paid software provider Microgaming to host the slot on their website. The reason why the jackpot reaches such enormous amounts in a quick space of time is because casino customers from lots of different sites are making a contribution every time they log into their account and play the game.
However, there are also standalone Progressive Jackpots and an Irish casino will indicate to customers when they have jackpot slots that can only be won by one of their customers. Naturally, you might have to accept that the prize at stake is smaller than a network casino jackpot, although it would still represent a huge casino win to most people and there’s naturally an increased chance of winning.
Whichever progressive slot you choose, the jackpot will increase the more that customers play them, with a small percentage of each wager being set aside to contribute to the overall progressive jackpot. Usually players will have to place the maximum bet in order to be eligible to win the progressive jackpot. The more people that play them, the quicker the jackpot accumulates and it’s just a question of when the jackpot reaches that all-important tipping point before a customer walks away with the loot.
How the progressive jackpot is actually won depends on the game that’s being played, but it’s usually one of three methods:
- It could be completely random. One minute you are having a normal spin of the reels. The next minute you have just won a Progressive Jackpot.
- You actually need to get certain symbols in a combination across the paylines. It could be five bells in a straight line or a symbol related to the progressive slot in question.
- A jackpot can be won through playing a bonus game. Virtually every Irish casino slot has a bonus feature round and, if you qualify for the bonus feature, the Progressive Jackpot could be just a spin away.
Top Rated Online Slots with Progressive Jackpots
- Mega Moolah | There are four different types of jackpots at this famous Microgaming slot and the Mega Jackpot is the one that every customer wants to land. On average, this jackpot is won once every month, with this safari-themed slot game having the reputation for paying out the biggest Progressive Jackpot amounts in the business. Customers also have the choice to play for smaller jackpot amounts by playing the Mini, the Minor and the Major where they stand a far better chance of coming away as a winner although Mega Moolah is where you can become a millionaire.
- Jackpot Giant | This is the leading Progressive Jackpot slot game from software giant Playtech, with the theme naturally being a giant who is friendly enough to share out an enormous fortune on a regular basis. The slot consists of five reels and three rows which amount to 50 fixed paylines, although it’s the first payline directly through the centre that players want to keep an eye on. If they manage to land five of the gold Wild symbols on this particular payline, they win the jackpot which regularly runs into the millions.
- Mega Fortune | Net Entertainment’s online slot has three different types of jackpot and the Mega Jackpot is the one to make your dreams come true considering it averages around €4 million when the payout is triggered. Should you get tired of waiting for the money to land, you can also play for the sizeable Major jackpot or take your chance with the Rapid jackpot, with the Wheel of Fortune-style game requiring players to trigger the bonus game by getting three bonus wheels in a row.
- Major Millions | This is another smash hit Progressive Jackpot from Microgaming, with a character called the Major reliving former military escapades and you’ll find symbols like tanks, bombers and battleships featuring prominently. While the slot jackpot averages a good deal lower than stablemate Mega Moolah when it’s triggered, you can still win hundreds of thousands by playing this exciting slot game.
- Arabian Nights | NetEnt are behind this excellent creation, with Arabian Nights proving to be a highly popular Progressive Jackpot slot which is really simple to play. This is a 10-payline slot where the game’s Wild symbol is the Prince and the Scatter symbol is Aladdin’s Lamp, with the Progressive Jackpot being won any time a customer manages to get five Prince symbols in a row although you will need to play the maximum bet in order to land that eye-watering amount of money.
- Mega Fortune Dreams | Firstly, Net Entertainment brought us Mega Fortune and now there’s a sequel of sorts in the form of Mega Fortune Dreams. This is a really classy slot where the symbols reflect the sort of lifestyle you might enjoy if you strike it rich with this Progressive Jackpot. The Wheel is the bonus symbol and you can reach the bonus game by getting three or more on reels 3, 4 and 5. You then need to get to the inner circle in the bonus round to land the Mega jackpot but there are two other jackpots available.
- Empire Fortune | Yggdrasil Gaming are a big hitter when it comes to providing online casino games and we recommend their leading Progressive Jackpot game which is a 20-reel progressive video slot. There are three separate jackpots up for grabs and the biggest of these is the Empire Jackpot where you need to land the Joker symbol on the top level of the Jackpot Wheel. Smaller amounts can be won by playing for the Diamond Jackpot and the Gold Jackpot.
- Beach Life | Beach Life is a Progressive Jackpot slot game that is available with many different casino operators. It has stood the test of time against some of the newer jackpot casino games, with this holiday-themed slot having a sandcastle as the Scatter symbol and the Sun as the Wild symbol. If you manage to get five Wilds on the 20th line of this 5-reel 20-line slot, then you have struck it rich and walk away with your very own Beach Life.
- Hall Of Gods | Software provider NetEnt are bang on the money with this long-standing progressive jackpot slot which has a Norse Viking theme which has been captivating players for several years. Thor’s hammer is the Bonus symbol and it will activate the all-important bonus round if you manage to line up three or more symbols on lines 3, 4 or 5. When you’re in the bonus round, it’s your chance to land the gold and there are three different Progressive Jackpots to aim for.
- Joker Millions | This is an old-school retro-style slot game brought to you by Yggdrasil Gaming and it has the standard 5 reels and 25 paylines. There are actually no Wild or Scatter symbols although Progressive Jackpot hunters are looking for a Jester symbol on each reel. This triggers the jackpot spin. Each Jester gets a mystery win up to 1,000 coins and 15 Jester symbols filling the screen mean that you have struck the Joker Millions Jackpot!
Are Progressive Jackpot Slots Fair?
Yes. Naturally, any Progressive Jackpot that we feature at SlotSource.ie comes from a respected software provider and they’re regulated and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. That means they have to abide by the highest standards, although you have to appreciate that any customer’s chances of winning a Progressive Slo