Guide to Playing Online Slots from Your iPhone 2018
Ever wanted to play the best online slots via your iPhone? Thanks to the rapid growth of the mobile gaming sector, 2018 looks set to be a pivotal year for iPhone slots. To ensure you don't miss out on all the best action, we've compiled a complete guide to the iPhone slots and casinos world and everything it has to offer. iPhone casinos have taken the Irish casino world by storm over the last few years and, in 2018, it looks as though there's going to be even more action out there for those who like to gamble on the go. Essentially, if you own an iPhone and you're aged 18 or over, you can now get access to a whole world of betting opportunities via your smartphone!
How to Play Slots on Your iPhone
If you're wondering how to play slots games via your iPhone then you've come to the right place. Indeed, if follow these simple steps, you'll soon be spinning like a pro via your iPhone:
- Step 1: Scroll through our list of recommended Irish slots sites and choose one that has the "mobile" feature ticked off on the mini-review checklist.
- Step 2: Create your first account with your chosen Irish slots casino and then navigate to their "mobile" section. Here you'll see one of two options: iPhone app or mobile site. If the operator has an optimised site, you can simply login and play via your iPhone and everything will be tailored to your needs. However, if you need to download an app, move to Step 3.
- Step 3: Either scan the onscreen QR code (if available) or visit the app store and search for the iPhone slots sites directly.
- Step 4: Login to your account using the same details you registered with the desktop site.
- Step 5: Use the "cashier" tab to make a secure deposit or find the "slots" lobby and choose a game to play for free.
- Step 6: Once you've found your preferred iPhone casino site, installed the app (if necessary) and made a deposit, the only thing left to do is start spinning!
Advantages to iPhone Slots
OK, so you've decided that iPhone slots are your thing, but what are the advantages of playing via your mobile? We all know that browser-based desktop slots are a great way to play, but what gives iPhone games the edge? By far the biggest advantage of iPhone slots over traditional online slots is their accessibility. Most of us now have our iPhones permanently attached to our hips, which means you're never more than a few inches away from a spin or two.
In contrast, when you ante-up via your desktop or laptop, you'll often need to be at home and, what's more, you'll have to wait for your computer to load up. Another advantage of playing slots on your iPhone is the extra bonuses you can pick up. Because online operators want you to download their apps, they'll often offer you a "mobile bonus". Separate to any desktop deals, these iPhone bonuses are a great way to bank some extra cash when you gamble on the go.
iPhone slots are designed to fit their environment. This means that you can swipe left, right, up and down as well as touch the screen to play. In terms of speed and efficiency, these movements are actually a lot slicker than using a mouse which, in turn, makes mobile slots play a lot faster. The final benefit of playing iPhone slots is that you can sometimes access exclusive content. Although most games will be available across both platforms, it's sometimes possible to play a game that's been solely designed for mobile devices.
Do iPhone Slots Have Software Requirements?
Regardless of whether you're accessing an iPhone slot through a mobile browser or a native app, the general rule is that you should be running the latest version of iOS. Although the age of your device may affect the speed at which the software loads (although this is minimal), you should ensure you have the latest operating system to ensure all the necessary safety features are up-to-date. Additionally, any iPhone casino app you download will take up a certain amount of memory on your device (e.g. the Coral Casino app is 67.7 MB). Although small, you should check the memory requirement before initiating a download.
Types of iPhone Slots
In the same way you'll find various formats in the online world, iPhone slot types range from the classic to the innovative. Naturally, each variant will have its own unique features, but you'll typically find that betting limits for most iPhone slots start from €0.01. The main iPhone slot types include:
- Jackpot Slots: The most lucrative iPhone slots you can play, progressive jackpot slots operate on the principle of collective effort. A small portion of each player's wager is placed into a communal pot that forms the progressive jackpot. The more people that play, the larger the jackpot grows until one player rolls in the necessary combination to release the top prize.
- Video Slots: As much about entertainment as making money, iPhone video slots will typically ease you into the action with an animated sequence. Designed to set the stage, these videos are them complemented by in-game animations that help to make these games feel much more like an interactive movie than a game.
- Classic Slots: A throwback to the classic pub fruit machine, classic iPhone slots are a lot smaller in stature than their peers. Instead of boasting five reels and multiple win lines, these games will have three reels, (usually) a single win line and around five symbols (usually bells and fruits).
- 3D Slots: A more recent addition to the industry, 3D iPhone slots do exactly what they say on the tin. In general, the features surrounding the main interface will be given some extra depth and you may even find that 3D characters appear in front of or to the side of the reels and do some sort of performance for you.
Using Casino Bonuses from Your iPhone
One of the beautiful things about iPhone slots is that you can clear your casino bonuses while you're on the move. Regardless of whether it's a general offer or one of the specific iPhone casino bonuses out there, iPhone slots allow you to earn the necessary player points required to unlock your casino bonuses. Indeed, thanks to the omni-channel technology available across the top slots sites, any points you earn via an iPhone slot will be registered on your desktop account and vice versa. Because most online casino bonuses have a 30-day expiry limit, iPhone slots, therefore, offer an ideal way to up your activity and clear your bonuses more efficiently.